[TenTec] Orion in Contests

Van Kuykendall n5hty at centurytel.net
Sun Nov 16 19:31:09 EST 2003

Craig,
I guess you have already flamed me as I put a review in eham. I am a proud
owner of an Orion. I have never had a problem and am really surprised at all
I read on this reflector. Actually makes me wonder what is going on as I
have never had a problem yet as I stated. I personally do know of someone
that had one that a problem with the recorder. Apparently an earlier one as
when he purchased it as it was a return when he bought it. I know of several
having problems with their Pro and Pro II radios. I had a couple of problems
with my FT 1000D and my FT1000MP MKV. I really enjoy mine and think it is
the best radio I have ever owned. But I do know you can have a problem with
anything. So far I have not had a problem with my Orion and I have updated
it probably 4 times.
Regards
Van Kuykendall N5HTY