[TenTec] RE:Orion Beta Testing

KD7EFQ at aol.com KD7EFQ at aol.com
Tue Nov 18 13:21:24 EST 2003

Hello, I would like to suggest that you might want to re-consider your view on Orion firmware issues. In today's world, firmware is a constantly evolving process, and very little if any firmware is going to be "issue-free". Look at Microsoft's recent XP issues with the So-Big Virus and Welchia Worm. And Microsoft is so large that Ten Tec's entire operation would fit in their "Men's Room". I am not intending to flame here, but a better way to look at Orion is " Get one and grow with it." Yes, $3300 is a BIG investment, but your not going to get Harris / Icom  military quality at that price. Sometimes, one must unlearn their old expectations in order to learn and use new technology properly. Orion is excellent quality at a fair price. (It's better than the FT-1000D which was over $4000.)

73, Todd

"The race is over... THE RATS WON !"