[TenTec] Orion Beta Testing

Peter Frenning, OZ1PIF oz1pif at get2net.dk
Tue Nov 18 22:07:26 EST 2003

Vy 73 de OZ1PIF, Peter

**********  OZ1PIF **************
email: oz1pif(no-spam-filler)@get2net.dk
http://hjem.get2net.dk/oz1pif
Ph. +45 4619 3239
Snailmail:
Peter Frenning
Ternevej 23
DK-4130 Viby Sj.
Denmark
***********************************
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dick Green" <dick.green at valley.net>
To: <tentec at contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 7:29 PM
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Orion Beta Testing

> IT is obvious that TT is providing software and then letting
> the customers discover the "pitfalls" and "problems."   When
> a manufacturer sells a $3000 plus radio, it is reasonable to
> expect flawless operation "right out of the box."
>
> AM I BEING UNREASONABLE WITH THIS ASSUMPTION ?

Yes you are Dick. I'm the reasonably happy owner of an Yaesu FT-847 (next to
my Paragon of cause :-), it too has a number of SW problems, but with one
big difference: Yaesu is doing squat about adressing these for owners, new
owners may or may not have these problems addressed as the case may be, but
absolutely no way to upgrade an older version, and not a word from Yaesu
about the issues!