[TenTec] FW: [Icom] RE: Icom Japan IC-7800 announcement

George, W5YR w5yr at att.net
Thu Nov 20 21:15:38 EST 2003

Yeah, Gary - my Momma used to say "never say anything you wouldn't want
repeated in church!" Still, it is a pretty sneaky trick to play, Mr. "RM".

Since my name is already mud on this reflector, I guess little additional
damage has been done, so I am not overly concerned as to the consequences.
Frankly, I suspect that 99% of the subscribers could care less what I think
or say and just ignore any posting with my name on it. Only those looking
for a flame battle seem to take umbrage at any thought that the ORION is not
the best. It may well be at the present, but my Icom posting was talking
about "down the road" say around 2005 or so.

One word of realism, though: the ORION cannot forever be the best amateur
radio transceiver even though it may hold that position at present.
Eventually every product is superceded. The challenge here is for Ten Tec to
outdo themselves with the ORION MK II. And they probably can and will . . .
bet they will be trying, in any event.

George