[TenTec] scout display problem with 40 meter module

Bill Fulling w4njf at email.midflorida.com
Sat Nov 22 18:48:08 EST 2003

Hi Mike,
had a Scout tha that had the same problem.its a seating glitch  where the
module does not "home" allthe way into the socket in the Scout
mainframe..Try this:be sure that the female mating plug is absolutely square
with the pins on the module when you push it in.ran into this glitch with 80
and 40 meter modules myself.the female socket will move and cause a bad
connection  between the module and the socket.Be sure that the "L" bracket
that holds the female receptacle for the modules is TIGHT..If its offcenter
just a bit,it will cause the problem you have described.
73 de Bill W4NJF