[TenTec] One complicated radio!

John Rippey w3uls at 3n.net
Mon Nov 24 09:09:41 EST 2003

"Xtal filter - 500 (or 1000 if you don't have the 500)
DSP BW - 600 (adjust lower for QRM)
Threshold - ~21 uV (vary +/- depending on QRN)
Decay - 20 dB/S (vary +/- depending on QRN)
RF Gain - 100 (may need to vary down)"

                *   *   *

"P.S.  If you set Threshold very high (64-192) with very
narrow DSP BW (100-120) you will need to lower it
later if you increase DSP BW since they interact."

Hello, Bill, W4ZV et al: Reading the above makes my brain hurt. No wonder
I'm still using an OMNI VI! I'd be a fish out of water with one o' them
newfangled Orions, fer shur. But I wish the early adapters well--good luck
and Godspeed.

73,
John, W3ULS