[TenTec] RE: More to Orion vs Icom 756PRO II

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Mon Nov 24 17:59:15 EST 2003

W9OJ wrote:
 >If I could buy a K2 for $669 fully assembled then this comparison
would be more apples-to-apples.

         You can Mike!  Most used K2's sell for the kit cost alone.  There
are even guys who enjoy building them so much that they would probably
build you a new one for free if you asked on the Elecraft reflector.  The
problem I see with buying one used is that many of them are loaded
with features I personally would not need (SSB, 100w, DSP, ATU, etc)
since I would plan to use it mainly for portable QRP CW and as a 2nd
receiver.  As a 2nd receiver, the basic K2 is an INCREDIBLE value.

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV