[TenTec] Omni 6 Rig Control

George Skoubis george.skoubis at verizon.net
Mon Nov 24 22:09:05 EST 2003

George,

  Writelog will connect to your computer with a simple serial port
cable.  DB25 connector on the radio end and most likely DB9 on the
computer end.

  Go into any computer store and tell them what you need and it should
cost you less than 20.

  Just the serial port cable will get Writelog reading the frequency
from the radio, as well as jumping to the band spots if you use packet
or telnet.

  If you add cables RCA plug to 1/8" stereo plug (sometimes you also
need to set up isolation transformers to keep out the rf) and plug these
in the audio in/out jacks on the Omni VI and the other end into the
sound card in/out jacks on the computer you can also use Writelog to
send recorded exchange messages (if you are a contester or a dxer and
want to save your voice in the pileup).

  The serial cable will probably get you what you want to start out
with, if you have questions on setup subscribe to the Writelog reflector
(instructions on the Writelog home page) or try www.k9jy.com for a
really good Writelog setup website.

Good luck and welcome to the computer age!

73 de George / KF9YR