[TenTec] Bav. Cont. Club Review of Orion

Adam Farson farson at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 25 11:08:52 EST 2003

Hi John,

To quote the Bavarian Contest Club review verbatim:

"I used the IC-746 PRO for this comparison test because it has the ability
cascade two crystal filters."

"I set up the IC-746 PRO for 2.4 kHz bandwidth in each of its two IF's (i.e.
two crystal filters cascaded)."

The IC-746Pro is a 100% DSP-based radio - the "little brother" of the
IC-756Pro2. It does not have cascaded crystal filters as described in the
above excerpts.

It is evident that the reviewer tested the Orion against a conventional
IC-746. This is therefore not a true "apples-to-apples" comparison.

Cheers for now, 73,
Adam VA7OJ/AB4OJ