[TenTec] Omni 6 Rig Control

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Tue Nov 25 18:03:57 EST 2003

George Tuncil wrote:

>  Any adjustments to any other parameter, such as power level, AF gain, etc. still must be done at the radio and are not visible on the screen.

These controls are not adjustable via the data port on an Omni VI. It
doesn't matter what logging software (or other) you have. The radio
can't do that. I suggest that you get a listing of the instruction set
for the Omni VI, which should tell you what can be controlled via the
data port. Lacking that documentation, I would say that most any control
that is inside the grey section of the control panel, which includes the
VFO knob, can be controlled via the com port, and most of the controls
that are not in that section of the front panel cannot. The one
exception to this may be the RIT/XIT.

If it is important for you to be able to control those functions via a
computer, you may want to consider a Jupiter, Pegasus, or an Onion.

73 DE N6KB