[TenTec] OMNI VI/Opt.3 on digital modes problem

Arthur Bernstein n2ka at optonline.net
Thu Nov 27 03:20:12 EST 2003

I'm looking to put my OMNI VI/opt.3 on  digital modes, preferably PSK-31
and RTTY. I'd like to use the sound card in my computer, but I just
noticed a problem I don't know how to resolve.  I've lost all sound in
my computer. It's running Win 98 SE, has a Yahama Sound Card in it, that
used to work, but now I have no sound. I get the loud speaker icon at
the bottom of the screen, but I am unable to adjust  its parameters or
bring up the volume control. A file  C:\Windows\sndvol32.exe I think is
the one for the volume control. When I click on it under System Options,
it says it's not executable. Apparently the file is damaged, but I can't
get to it .
Any ideas, short of throwing out the computer. It's not too new.
73,
Art, N2KA..