[TenTec] TenTec Paragon 585 HF xcvr and accessory items FS

Ken Simpson, W8EK W8EK at fdt.net
Thu Nov 27 10:57:20 EST 2003

For Sale:

TenTec model 585 Paragon

This rig covers 160 thru 10 meters, including the
WARC bands, and the new 5 MHz band.  It has a
general coverage receiver, so also makes a great
short wave receiver.  It transmits SSB and CW, and
also has an AM receive mode.  The receiver is fantastic,
and the transmitter is great also, with terrific audio.

Of course it has memories, scanning, and all of the
"bells and whistles" one expects.  A speech processor
is built in, and it has full QSK on CW.

This particular unit is immaculate.  I can not find a scratch
on it, although there is some wear (not scratches) on a
couple of the push button keypad switches, from use.
Of course it works 100%.

The original box, and original manual (with service
information) is included for $700.

TenTec model 961 power supply
This is a 20 amp, 13 V DC power supply, with speaker,
that matches the Paragon (above), plus other TenTec
rigs.  It works great, and looks great also.  No scratches
or wear that I can find.  With paper work for $150.

TenTec 288 SSB filter.
1800 Hz, used for narrow SSB, or wide CW, for the 6 MHz IF.
Used in the Paragon, newer Omnis, and others.
Like new, with paper work for $69.

TenTec hand microphone
I think it is model 700, although it is not written on the
mic.  It is an electret condenser mic, with 4 pin plug
that matches any of the TenTec rigs using the 4 pin
plug.  Works great, and looks like new.  $ 30

Prices do not include shipping from Florida.

Thanks.

73,

Ken, W8EK

Ken Simpson