[TenTec] Bavarian Contest Club / Orion Review

K3BU at aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Fri Nov 28 09:52:36 EST 2003

In a message dated 11/28/03 12:09:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
nq5t at comcast.net writes:
>>As for K6SE's tests, I said what I had to say .. way too much .. :-)  about
those a long time ago,  and my view of their validity has not changed --
particularly in light of what all of us have learned about optimizing weak
signal performance in the Orion since that fiasco.

Grant/NQ5T<<

OK, so the "frog is deaf," be happy with your view. K6SE is full of it and
the Earth is flat. I am not going to engage in another wave of dispute and
convincing, had enough with W8JI "arguments" about current in antenna loading
coils. As I said I will do the test, describe them and we will see what is the
conclusion. But if there is a certain amount of internal noise without antenna,
then it will mask puny signals before they manage to "climb" over the noise,
that is the fact and no amount of DSP mumbo-jumbo will "s'plain" it.

See you on 40m in CQ WW.

Yuri, K3BU