[TenTec] Waiting for Transceiver Nirvana

Keith Lodahl lodahlkh at charter.net
Fri Nov 28 09:05:53 EST 2003

Those of us who are content to be somewhat behind the curve are the
benefactors of the rapid change in "state of the art."  I bought my Jupiter
from a ham who decided to get an Orion.  He gave me a good price on a good
rig.  I expect if I ever have an Orion it will be because I got a good price
from a ham about to step up to the Orion's replacement.  As for the expense
of the latest and greatest, there has always been a high price for the early
adoptors of any new technology.  For some the price will be prohibitive, and
for others it will seem inexpensive.  I tend to be in the former group.  I
feel I am fiscally conservative.  My kids tell me I am cheap.

Keith Lodahl
KB9NUM NNN0ACS NNN0GCE ONE
President, Rock River Radio Club
ARRL Official Emergency Station