[TenTec] man-made interference

Guy Zebrick gwzmcz at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 30 22:23:42 EST 2003

Just a note, perhaps this will help someone -
I've been dealing with noise on different band - a slow drifting crud, about 8kHz wide. It sounds a lot like the drifting crud I got from a 12v/25A Radio Shack switching power supply that I owned for about an hour before I took it back.

Tonight I found the source! I have a Honeywell electronic air filter in my return air line. It has a high voltage DC switching power supply to charge the elements.When I turn it off - the noise is gone!

I don't think line filters will help - I'm might try running a separate ground line to a water pipe, but I think I'm stuck with having to turn off the device when I operate my ham radio.

....so, don't forget those electronic air filters when you're trying to find electrical noise. 73's