[TenTec] Omni 6+ question

KD7EFQ at aol.com KD7EFQ at aol.com
Thu Oct 2 20:41:33 EDT 2003

Thanks for all the info everybody. I guess the question on the Third order
intercept point of the 6+ was never tested at 5 Khz spacing, so It will remain a
mystery. The reason I was curious is that on the Orion's description on TT's
website, TT is claiming that dynamic range alone is not the best judge of how
well a reciever will hear weak signals in the presence of nearby strong
signals. Third order intercept point is a better figure to judge by. Of course, I
know the 6+ doesn't have Orion class performance, but it would be interesting to
know. As far as I can tell, the 6+ is still one of the top 5 radios for
performance, even if lacking the "bells and whistles". I think I'll keep mine
awhile longer. (Even though the Orion makes me drool profusely.)
73. Todd