[TenTec] FS: Hercules II Amplifier etc.<<URGENT>>>

Michael Melland w9wis at charter.net
Sun Oct 5 18:42:24 EDT 2003

Mine sold in five minutes.... and I could have sold a dozen more <grin>.

I use dual RS-70M Astron supplies running in parallel. Some guys run a
charger and dual 6 volt golf cart batyteries.  The parallel set up worked
great for me.... the Astrons aren't cheap though.  They are $249 each plus
$38 shipping each... then you should adjust them to the load.  The 70 amp
versions have a jack on the rear to hook the 723 regulators up for parallel
operation to equalize the load that works pretty well... but they should be
adjusted to load share anyway.  Mine actually shared the load better without
the regulators hooked together as I balanced them under full load
together.... about 80 amps at 13.8 volts or so.... I made custom hookups
with #2 welding cable (flexable and very heavy duty.... good to 130 amps at
least) for the pairing.  The guy that bought my amp didn't want them but
he's been asking lots of questions about them and if I still have them
<grin>.... shipping them is a beast.  I was asking $400 plus shipping for
the supplies....and that included the custom wiring etc.... so a savings of
at least $150 on the supplies and about $50 for the wiring....

Great amps the Herc II... good luck.

Mike, W9WIS