[TenTec] new Orion group on Yahoo

Carter Grabarczyk k8vt at ameritech.net
Mon Oct 6 08:12:52 EDT 2003

J. D. wrote:
> I don't see the Yahoo privacy policy as an issue.  If you don't input
> accurate information in the first place, what is there to fear?  Put
> anything in but the real information.  Let them share bogus information -
> who cares!  It's a great service, in spite of the ads that pay for it all.

Well, I think what you have to fear is that they have your e-mail
address! (otherwise you wouldn't be getting the discussion group mail,
right?) It may be fun to give them bogus marketing info like age,
income, etc, etc, but that is a non-issue once they have your e-mail
address and are sending you the legitimate reflector traffic, it would
seem they also have your e-mail address for...surprise!...Spam! Even if
they don't use it directly, I'm not sure that they wouldn't sell the
e-mail list to others.

73/Carter/K8VT