[TenTec] Mode Index Switch Question Corsair II

OTAKEBI at aol.com OTAKEBI at aol.com
Mon Oct 6 17:05:18 EDT 2003

This part is no longer available from Ten Tec.
It is the Mode Switch 12 position Index.
It is the part of the band switch that sits up against the front panel before
the isolator that goes to the rest of the band switch.
TT tells me it is a common part that they modified in their machine shop for
the Corsair II.
TT would not go further in the explanation of the modification but, I feel it
was a matter of cutting the shaft (for fit) that goes to the isolator. If it
requires more and you know the process I would like the information.
The main problem is I can't find this part anywhere.
I tried a Google search and no luck.
Has anyone had to replace this part due to wear and if so how did you get a
replacement?
Would like an idea as to what to look for and if not the exact replacement
for sale from someone on the list a place and part number to look for.
Also, please let me know if any of you have been able to rebuild this switch
with some common parts.
Thanks,
Dan N4VET