[TenTec] TenTec] Observations on my Orion (long)

Robert Dwiggins II robert.dwiggins at alumni.utexas.net
Mon Oct 6 17:29:11 EDT 2003

I bought Joe's Omni VI/Opt 3 last Christmas.  It lasted him 10 years, and I
hope it'll last me 10 years!   It's still going strong, and I love the rig.
It may not be up to Orion standards, but it's still pretty good, and it's
night-and-day better than what I was using.

If I do go to another rig, it will probably be to something similar to what
Gerald Youngblood, AC5OG, is offering.  He had a full SDR implementation at
the Belton hamfest last Saturday.  It was pretty impressive.

Bob NE5RD

Bob Dwiggins, NE5RD, ex-WA5IHZ