[TenTec] Timewave 59+ with Omni 6+

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Thu Oct 9 09:12:15 EDT 2003

I've uses a Timewave 599zx with my Omni VI (opt 3). I don't know if the same
applies to the 59+.  The DSP has much narrower filters for CW. Also, I like
being able to adjust the spot tone level on the 599zx. I know that I can
adjust the spot / side tone on the Omni, but the levels of the two are
different and when I have the spot tone adjusted to my liking the side tone
is way to low.

The only drawback is that my 599zx is extremely susceptible to RF.  In
operation without the 599zx, but with an external speaker, I have no
symptoms of RF feedback, but with the 599zx, I can hear my transmitted audio
(muffled) in the external speaker.

73,
Mark