[TenTec] Titan tuning drift on 160 meters

Jim Miller k4sqr at juno.com
Sat Oct 11 09:23:41 EDT 2003

Ken;

Years ago the factory had to change doorknob vendors. I wound up with a
Titan that would drop off as I tuned to 1500 watts, and stabilize around
900-1000 watts. Larry Worth, then Service Manager obtained a different
vendor doorknob and shipped to me. I ran it all weekend long on 160 and
reported my findings to Larry Monday morning. This cured the power drift
problem.
So this may be your only problem.

Good luck-I would think T-T could still supply the doorknob (only
switched in for 160M use) to you.

73,

Jim Miller, K4SQR
http://www.comteksystems.com