[TenTec] Re: why no Orions heard

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 13 18:18:32 EDT 2003

Thanks everyone for your responses.  They can be broken down into 3 brief
summaries:
I got an Orion because:

1.  It's a Ten Tec.
2.  Great rx.
3.  I want to have the latest technology.

I tried to work one at the TT hamfest for about 30 minutes but without the
manual and under hamfest tent conditions I couldn't really evaluate it very
well but I think the rx audio sounded pretty good as near as I could tell.
The one I had was on 40 m. phone and I heard a couple of guys I know and I
wanted to call them but this other guy and I could never make it transmit.
We tried for the 30 minutes we were there before giving up without ever
getting it to tx.  I wish TT had manuals out or had guys who knew how to
operate it at each position to help us.  Don't ask me what we tried, because
I don't remember the details now.  Anyway, thanks for helping me understand
the attraction of the new rig.

73,

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ