[TenTec] It's All Your Fault!

William Evans bevans at starband.net
Fri Oct 17 20:19:07 EDT 2003

Well, this reflector has done it.  After years of loving my Omni D (and
recently purchasing a 2nd one) I finally am no longer satisfied with
it. Oh, it's still as good as it ever was, but with all this talk of
the ORION and how superior it is on receive, I have finally decided to
work my way up to a better rig.  I have just purchased a Corsair and
now I will be able to operate on the WARC bands.  But I must sell one
of my Omni Ds to help pay for the Corsair.  If the Corsair works well,
I'll probably work my way up to a Jupiter... and then an ORION in a
couple of years.  But on a fixed income, it will not be easy.  All
because I'm listening to the advice of everyone on this reflector!
It's all your fault!...

Meanwhile, I do have a 546 for Sale ... works extremely well, the heat
sink on the back has a couple of scratches, doesn't have the tilt/bail
(Didn't like it's fixed angle and took it off years ago and can not
find it now!), non-smoking environment.  The rig is very clean.  The
power supply has scratches on the top and back and has been modified in
that it has two binding posts on the back to connect the cable.  (Also
makes a great bench power supply!) $275 for the rig, $75 for the PS  If
purchased as a unit, I will add a Heathkit desk stand microphone and
noise blanker  for $25 more and will pay for shipping (US mainland
only)  ... And all because of the talk on this reflector...!

W4ISH
Bill