[TenTec] ten tec centurion II

Ariel M. Elam k4aal at comcast.net
Sat Oct 18 23:49:02 EDT 2003

Hi John,

As retired Senior service Tech. for Amprite Electric Co. in Nashville,
TN, I must agree with n6kb. A 30 amp dedicated circuit would be required
for a 20 amp load at 110 volts (nominal), loaded to 80% as I remember
from the Nat. Elec. Code. A 220 volt circuit would be loaded to 10 amps,
leaving enough head-room to satisfy code. Then remember the IR voltage
drop is less on 220.

If you must run a new circuit and the elect.panel is full, there are
tandem or dual breakers where 4 can be installed in the space of 2.
Good luck!

73, Ariel, k4aal