[TenTec] Pegasus Software Tip / using SCALE

Guy Zebrick gwzmcz at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 19 09:46:29 EDT 2003

Hey all. I guess it pays to finally read the documentation on software! One minor peeve I've had with the windows control program for the Pegasus has been that the radio sub-window never did fill the screen on my laptop. Sure enough, there are two 'scale' parameters in the Pegasus.ini file that control the size of the radio size. These are called "SCALEX" and "SCALEY" and the default values are = 1.0. This file is in the N4PY or Pegasus sub-directory and can be opened and edited with any text editor like notepad.

I set
SCALEX=1.45
and
SCALEY=1.20
on mine. Now, when I maximize the N4PY software, the radio fills the entire top half of the window/screen.

Only minor issue, is at that scale, the software VFO knob, if you choose to display it, gets skewed a bit. I don't display mine, so there is no problem there. To turn it on and off using N4PY software, click on the "Use Main Tuning Knob" under the Perferences2 Settings window.

By the way, I can't say enough good things about Carl's N4PY software for the Peg and Jupiter. It adds everything that the stock software left out. What a deal!

73's
WD5ACP