[TenTec] Date of manufacture

Winston F. Jones winjones at ix.netcom.com
Sun Oct 19 23:15:51 EDT 2003

 I believe the Omni Series C came in 1979. The Delta followed in late 1980
and the Corsair I around 1982 and the Corsair II somewhere around 1985-87.
These were the first Ten-Tec rigs with the new WARC bands. The Omni C had a
9 MHz IF which caused spurs on the 17-meter (18 MHz) band. The Delta and
Corsairs went to a second IF of 6 MHz which eliminated the problem.
I'm sure that some of the reflector readers with more engineering savvy can
elaborate on the difference much better than I can, but I think I have the
basis of it.
73, Winston K4CWQ