[TenTec] Re: Rudimentary SWR question...

George, W5YR w5yr at att.net
Mon Oct 20 14:36:22 EDT 2003

We're reading more and more of this sort of thing these days, Stuart. Like
you, I just can't sit and let such misinformation stand. Two many newbies
look to postings on these reflectors for their information. And when
erroneous information is posted, it needs correction.

I would ask anyone posting anything technical to first of all verify what
they want to say by reviewing the appropriate literature, etc. As Stuart put
it, lots of "old wives' tales" still being passed around as wisdom.

The sad part is that starting in the 70's Walt Maxwell W2DU explained most
of this stuff in adequate detail technically and in a very readable manner
in his series of QST articles. These later were published as the book
"Reflections" which now is being offered as "Reflections II."  I personally
learned more about transmission lines from "Reflections" than from three
t-lines courses in undergrad school.

Thanks for the kind words, Stuart.

73/72, George
Amateur Radio W5YR -  the Yellow Rose of Texas
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13QE
"Starting the 58th year and it just keeps getting better!"
w5yr at att.net