[TenTec] rohn 25

Dave Kamp kw0d at netexpress.net
Mon Oct 20 16:41:18 EDT 2003

Actually, I took two of these down just a few weeks ago- it sounds like it's at
least partially correct to me... Rohn 25 requires two bolts for each leg, and
they differ in diameter and tool-flat size.   If the field-day tower is 3
sections and a top section, it should require 12 bolts of about 3/8" diameter,
and 12 bolts of about 7/16" diameter.  Note that Rohn bolts are fine-thread, and
when inserted, the bolt's unthreaded 'neck' will extend right up to the outside
edge of the leg, so that when you torque it, the nut will slightly compress the
leg, and bottom against the bolt's neck.  The neck will also completely fill the
tower leg hole, not just 'drop in', as this allows the inner and outer leg to
'shear' the bolt and maul the tower-leg holes.  It'll also generate enough yukky
noise in your Ten-Tec that you'll want to use the 'real' bolt...

DK  :-)