[TenTec] Re: Opinions on vertical

David McClafferty ve1adh at yahoo.ca
Mon Oct 20 20:52:38 EDT 2003

My Gap Titan survived hurricane Juan which hit here
with 140 Kph winds with gusts to 160 Kph (100 mph). It
is guyed with the gap dacron guys. Last winter it came
down when loaded with several inchs of wet snow and
high winds. That happened because one of the guys came
untied (I'm not much of a sailor I'm afraid). The
antenna itself was undamaged but the heavy walled
aluminum pipe (aircraft quality) bent in the nicest
curve you ever saw. I'm sure it would have been fine
if I had tied a better knot.

Dave, VE1ADH

Since the Gap series of antennas are in the range of