[TenTec] ~ 1/4 wave 160 doublet

Larry Rockfield w6ub at nxs.net
Tue Oct 21 10:20:54 EDT 2003

Jim, I think you will be better served going a different route.  Most
likely, your feed point R will be around 2 Ohms with a jX ranging from 0 to
300 Ohms, assuming your feeder is between 50 and 100 feet in length.  Not so
good.  Tell us more about the height of the flat-top, the length of your
feeder, and how the feeder hangs with respect to the flat-top.

Consider joining the transmission line conductors together at the feed point
and loading the antenna as a vertical with a T-top hat.  This configuration
would require some radials.  I am sure you will notice an improvement in
performance.  Your tuner will be happier.

Larry W6UB