[TenTec] Considering Pegasus Purchase

Robert W Hosken Robert.W.Hosken at aero.org
Wed Oct 22 17:58:20 EDT 2003

I have been using a Pegasus for a year.  Before I bought the radio I tried out the TT control software. Then I bought the N4PY software.  That sold me on the Pegasus instead of the Jupiter.  I realized that I would never use the Jupiter front panel
controls.  The N4PY control software is excellent.

Also, I use the remote knob to change the frequency.  It has a nice feel.  The control software lets you program the keys on the keypad to pretty much whatever you want.

You will also need a 13 volt, 20 ampere dc power supply.

73,
Bob
AK6X

                      "Dave White"
                      <dwds at trinustech.c         To:      <tentec at contesting.com>
                      om>                        cc:
                      Sent by:                   Subject: [TenTec] Considering Pegasus Purchase
                      tentec-bounces at con
                      testing.com

                      10/22/2003 04:41
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      tentec

I am considering the purchase of a Pegasus as a backup/experimentation rig.
A couple of questions:

1.  Is there any place I can get a copy of the manual in electronic format?
2.  Any used Pegasus' out there at a good price?  I see that TenTec have a
used one for $750.00.
3.  Any opinions on the LDG internal tuner option ?
4.  At the risk of opening the floodgates, any "sage" advice from
experienced Pegasus owners?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Dave