[TenTec] New Jupiter Software version 1.25

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Fri Oct 24 09:17:57 EDT 2003

> I finally got it to work using a standard serial port on an XP laptop
> computer.  Obviously it seems that the problem was not Win ME, but the USB
> to Serial adapter cable - which works fine with everything else in the
shack
>  including control of the Jupiter.  For some reason, TT's firmware update
> program does not want to work with it.

That's not suprising. I have found that those USB serial ports are not 100%
compatible with all software. I ordered one and found that it wouldn't work
with the N4PY Pegasus control software, but it did work with my rotator
control program (forget which one). I diagnosed the problem and emailed the
manufacturer. They said they were aware of the problem and sent me a
different adapter with new driver software. That solved the problem with the
Pegasus, but didn't work with the rotator control.

Bottom line, I only use the USB serial ports for PTT control.  I sure wish
ham equipment would go to either USB or preferably ethernet.

Mark