[TenTec] Re: ~ 1/4 wave 160 doublet

Jules k8jk at comcast.net
Tue Oct 21 21:08:14 EDT 2003

Jim,
I haven't seen this mentioned yet.  How about putting inductors on each of
the legs of the doublet you have or an 80m trap on each end of the 80 meter
inverted V with wire (doesn't have to be high or straight even) from each
end of the traps to get it close to resonance on 160.
For DX on 160m, verticals (even short loaded ones) are hard to beat.  I've
used a minooka special (google it) in the old days with a lot of luck from
the Caribbean.
GL, 73, de Jules   K8JK