[TenTec] Re: Rudimentary SWR question...

Bill L. Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Sun Oct 26 22:18:39 EST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: "Steve Baron - KB3MM" <SteveBaron at StarLinX.com>
To: <tentec at contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:54:59 -0000
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: Rudimentary  SWR question...

AH!

----- Original Message -----
From: "George, W5YR" <w5yr at att.net>
To: <tentec at contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 17:48

 This is not an opinion but a well
> established fact in the professional antenna field. Consider also that in
> the Yagi beam, only the driven element is "resonant" while the other
>
> w5yr at att.net

     I would like to point out that the reflector and directors in a yagi are resonant. They are slightly off resonance (not at the peak)so that  their phase relationships are proper for them to behave as they do.  If they were far off resonance they would not induce suffecient currents for them to have any effect on the radiation pattern.
 Try your yagi modeling program and make the director much shorter or the refelctor much longer and observe the gain ,radiation pattern and the magnitude and phase of the currents in the elements.
   Just picked up a Johnson Desk KW.   Going to be buisy  with it for a while.
73
Bill wa4lav