[TenTec] Orion distorted audio in monitor

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Tue Oct 28 09:53:16 EST 2003

My experience with the Orion so far is that what you hear in the
monitor is what is actually being transmitted.  That's a really good
thing.  So if the signal doesn't sound good in the monitor you can be
reasonably assured it doesn't sound good on the air either -- or vice
versa, of course.

What I've found after lots of testing on 1.363 is that after a power
cycle, the audio will often clear up -- and may stay clear just long
enough for you to grab the headphones, take a quick listen, and
conclude that all is ok.  Sometimes, however, it will stay clear only
for a few seconds.  I found this happening while I was trying to make
recordings last night.  I'd take a listen, it would be fine, then start the
wav recorder, only to find when I was done that the distortion had
returned after a word or two.

It's very strange.

Grant/NQ5T