[TenTec] what is so special about heil microphone elements?

k2zn at rochester.rr.com k2zn at rochester.rr.com
Tue Oct 28 12:04:36 EST 2003

I haven't figured it out, either.  I have an HC-4, but its output is lower than what my Omni V, Corsair, Omni A, and Argosy are looking for.  The results are less than stellar reports.

My trusty old Shure 444s work really well, as does a Radio Shack electret element stuffed into an old Icom SM-5(?) housing.

Then again, I'm also primarily a CW op and may have my drive and mic gain settings set sub-optimally due to lack of experience.

Al, K2ZN