[TenTec] 3KC Spacing / K0CQ reply

KD7EFQ at aol.com KD7EFQ at aol.com
Fri Oct 31 14:47:02 EST 2003

Ok, Maybe it's not a "Rule", But someone once told me it was common courtesy
to not move closer than 3kc's to an occupied freq. Maybe an old gentlemen's
agreement that is no longer observed. Of course nobody cares today if they move
within 1or 2 kc's of an ongoing qso and overlaps into and interrupts stations
that were already in progress. It happens all the time on 75meters & 20
Meters. I am talking SSB now, NOT CW. I don't operate CW.
And if you ask people to move, they generally ignore you, or argue that they
were there first
when you didn't hear them when you started. Some is due to propagation
changes, but more often I find it's rude operators rather than propagation changes.
People think they own
a particular frequency when it IS in the rules that it's a first come, first
serve basis.

As far as the INRAD Mod goes, it states that:

1: The 2.8 6.3 if filter reduces or eliminates passband ripple over the stock
2.4 filter
which before the mod is greater than 2db.

2: the low end response is improved to about 250-300 hz at -3db whereas the
stock spec
is up at 350-400hz at -3db.

3: The response is only tipped down towards the high side from the low side
approx 2.5
to 3db wheras before the mod there is about 8 or 9 db of high frequency loss
from 500hz
to 2500hz.

That's from the mod sheet. Is George at Inrad lying to help his pocketbook?
73, Todd KD7EFQ