[TenTec] Inrad 2.8K mod

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Fri Oct 31 12:34:52 EST 2003

Hi all,

I have an Omni VI, not a plus model. It only has provision for one
narrow filter in the 9 MHz IF. Mine happens to have the 500 Hz option
filter in that space. The standard 2.4 kHz filter in the 9 MHz IF is
ALWAYS in the signal path for both transmit and receive. The narrow
option filter is cascaded with the 2.4 kHz filter, when it is selected,
for receive, and is NEVER in the transmit signal path. So regardless of
the narrow option filter, the 2.4 kHz filter in the 9 MHz IF is what
limits transmit bandwidth in SSB. If I were to change this filter for a
wider one, my SSB transmit bandwidth would then be greater, and not
changeable from any front panel control on the OmniVI. Would this be the
same with an Omni + , or are the narrow option filters ever in the
transmit signal path?

Thanks, DE N6KB