[TenTec] Is this how it is done today?

W5VPU at aol.com W5VPU at aol.com
Mon Sep 1 14:41:12 EDT 2003

Hey, Bill:

I don't know quite how to take your rebuttal.  Apparently I have rubbed your
fur the wrong way. Are you sure you understood me?

How do you say this kind of deal never happens? It actually did occur. How
can we tell Chip this NEVER happens, when in actuality it did happen to him.? I
understood Chip to ask a questioin: "Is this how it is done today?" I believe
I answered the question accurately. "Sometimes it happens, it is rare, but
sometimes it does happen. And it is not predicatable."

In today's world you never know you have a done deal until you have paid the
money, you have the radio you think you purchased in your hand, you plug it
in, and it works as described or advertised.

Ours is a world of imperfect people. Many times the trade works. Rarely it
doesn't. No need for us to say it NEVER happens. I don't want it to occur, I
prefer total honesty in all venues, but I don't find that kind of idealism in the
world where I have to live.

I am not defending the advertiser who did not deliver to Chip in what, like
you, I believe was a sale and not an auction. Apparently you do think I am
defending the seller's right to change his mind. If you do think that of me, you
have misunderstood me completely. I do not trade that way. In fact I trade
very, very little.

But I believe my answer is accurate as to what occurs in today's world. "It
is what it is."

73         Raymond                W5VPU