[TenTec] Help on Operation of Corsair II

OTAKEBI at aol.com OTAKEBI at aol.com
Wed Sep 10 12:51:40 EDT 2003

Jim, I looked in the rig.
Your explanation was far better then the manual.
I have all three slots with filters installed.
Slot three has a filter in it but I don't know which model.
The only numbers I see on the filter are as follows: #217 on the filter board
and on one of the filters the number is 8008.
Any idea if it is a 250 Hz or is it a more narrow model?
I can hear a CW note on position 3 in CW mode but it is way down, very faint.
All the other questions I had in my E-mail were answered very well.
Does not seem that I have a problem in the other areas.
I like this radio very much I traded a Kenwood TS180S that I had for 12 years
and some cash to get it.
The Kenwood had a shorted final and I did not want to open it up again for
repair.
I do my own work and when I saw the inside of the TenTec it looked like a
dream to work on.
The Kenwood was a nightmare to work in.
I need to ask you one more question.
The bandswitch on the Corsair II has a little play between detents.
Don't get me wrong it drops right into the selected band.
Are they all like that or am I going to have to replace it soon?
I called TenTec but they no longer have the band switch.
It is a 12 position switch and I think I can get them from a supply house but
if that is the way the band switch is I won't worry about it.
Anyway, thanks a lot for your time.
Dan N4VET