[TenTec] Actual TT219 250 Hz Bandwidth?

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Thu Sep 11 15:16:27 EDT 2003

Hi All!

	Has anyone actually measured the 6 dB BW of
the TenTec 219 "250 Hz"?  The reason I ask is someone
accidentally sent me a 217 and of course I immediately
realized it was wrong.  However, I measured it at 645 Hz
for 6 dB BW.  If the "250 Hz" 219 is off by the same ratio
(645/500 or 29%), it will actually be around 322 Hz wide,
which I don't feel is worth bothering with versus my Inrad
"400" which is actually 455 Hz wide.  If the 219 only has
a 133 Hz narrower BW, I may just forget about it.  I was
hoping the TenTec would be >200 Hz narrower than my
Inrad but it appears TT suffers the same BW spec inflation
that Inrad does...at least Inrad gives you the actual BW
on their website.

	What I really need is an ACCURATE 6 dB BW
measurement of the TenTec 219 250 Hz filter so I can
decide whether to swap filters or return the 217 for credit.

				73,  Bill  W4ZV

P.S.  BTW, Inrad's "250 Hz" is actually 315 Hz per the
measurements on their website, which is why I decided
against buying it when I originally got my Inrad 400.