[TenTec] Actual TT219 250 Hz Bandwidth

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Fri Sep 12 09:33:03 EDT 2003

N4PY:
  >I just measured my 250 hertz filter in my Orion at 258 hertz

W4ZV:
  >Thanks Carl...exactly what I needed and how I measured the 500 Hz!
Now I'm wondering why the 500 Hz was so far off.

         Mystery solved.  The filter was actually a 218 which is plainly
marked on the top of one of the crystals nearest the center.  I had
set my DSP to what I thought would be well above the 250 Hz BW, but
since the crystal filter BW was actually 1800 Hz, I was really just
measuring the BW of the DSP filter instead of the crystal filter.

         WTB...a REAL TenTec 219 250 Hz filter.

                                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV