[TenTec] Request experiences with Centurion

Ben K8DIT benk8dit at serv.net
Sat Sep 20 13:41:00 EDT 2003

The Centurion is a nicely operating upgrade from the SB-220. Everything is
forgiving on this amp. I replaced the caps and equalizing resistors after a
single cap failure. I overdid it on AM on 10 meters one day and one of the
tubes went cathode to grid and the bias supply opened to prevent further
catastrophe. I replaced the chinese Prides with Eimac and have been smiling
ever since.
A good basic all band, qsk, desktop. No weaknesses, no fan noise. No noise
at all. Why not, unless you absolutely have to have an envelope pushing, two
piece amp that costs a little more for not much more output power?