[TenTec] RE: Curiosity Question

Don Rasmussen wb8yqj at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 20 20:44:30 EDT 2003

Dan wrote: Does anyone know where to go to find a
replacement for the bandswitch on a  Corsair II.

Hi Dan,

I recently bought a backup Corsair II and was a bit
concerned when it arrived with an excessively loose
bandswitch. There was all kinds of unwanted play but
the transceiver seemed to change bands just fine. It
turns out that the knob itself is sometimes the cause
of the problem. Wedge some thin plastic sheet in the
knob on the side opposite the set screw and you may
find like I did that the bandswitch changes crisply
for you.

73,
Don Rasmussen
Carlsbad, Ca.