[TenTec] Yahoo and the Orion email reflector

J. D. Beischel duffyb01 at fuse.net
Wed Sep 24 09:52:47 EDT 2003

I subscribe to over 30 groups on Yahoo and this privacy thing is no big d=
eal
 What information does Yahoo have? A log-in name and an email address tha=
t I
use only for access to the groups. Big deal. Specialized lists tend to be
more appropriate as you don't receive messages that do not particulary
interest you. For example, I may not be interested in reading about a
Corsair if I have a Jupiter.=0D
 =0D
When one claims that a new list is being started because "someone wants t=
be in control" or is a "control freak" can have similar comments made "th=
ey
don't want a new list because that means they are losing control".=0D
 =0D
I was always surprised that there was one TenTec list when there are so m=
any
special interests within this group. This is why I subscribe to the Yahoo=
 -
Jupiter, Argonaut and now Orion groups.=0D
 =0D
In summary, I just don't see why anyone would be upset about a group
dedicated to one particular radio.=0D
 =0D
JMHO=0D
 =0D