[TenTec] 238 A Tuner question

WA3FIY wa3fiy at radioadv.com
Wed Sep 24 13:54:30 EDT 2003

My 238 matches my Omni VI perfectly.  Also matches the
Corsair II, Paragon and Omni V.   It is an early version, I don't
think it is an "A".

I've never had the dial string break.  The rubberband that
retracts the pointer gets weak and needs replacement once
every ten years or so, but that is no big issue.

The 238 is one great tuner!!!

73 de Lee, WA3FIY

On 24 Sep 2003 at 11:43, KD7EFQ at aol.com wrote:

> Hello all, does anyone know if Ten Tec made a grey version of the 238 A tuner before upgrading to the B vesion which is black only. I'm in the market for a backup tuner, but I want a grey one if possible to match my Omni 6+ station. I would also like to get away from the bar dial string design
of the early 238 as sooner or later my string will break. Replies appreciated. 73, Todd