[TenTec] RE: BTW, Yahoo's privacy policy isn't as bad as...

Hsu, Aaron aaron.hsu at unistudios.com
Wed Sep 24 16:27:25 EDT 2003

Correct, and I use a cookie manager.  But they do track IP addresses.  They
state that they don't keep personally identifiable information; if I use a
static IP address (either assigned by work or by an ISP), isn't that
considered "personally identifiable"?

It's not the cookies that worry me.  It's their privacy statement and the
associated "contract of adhesion" terms of use.  If I use the site, I'm
contractually bound to the terms of use, but there's no way to avoid using
the site since if I mistype a URL, I'm automatically taken to it.

BTW, this is not the first time Network Solutions / Verisign has used these
types of practices.  Network Solutions has a long history questionable
policies (such as charging fees to change to another domain name registrar
if you don't like their (NetSol's) service)

And, worse then this is TicketMaster's policy.  Basically, they have an open
policy where they can share *ANY* information collected on their site
including names, addresses, and credit card numbers with their 3rd parties -
there's no option to opt-out.  Warning...never buy from TicketMaster's
website unless you want to be deluged with SPAM!

  - NN6O