[TenTec] Jupiter - No Transmit Power on 15 and 17 Meters

Bill Fulling w4njf at email.midflorida.com
Mon Sep 29 18:57:42 EDT 2003

Hi Gary,
Have a Jupr myself and ran into the same problem abt 3 mos ago-Check the
resistance of the windings of the BP filter relays,both windings are in
parell and shoud read abt
120 ohms per band-if either the input or output relay is bad,you will get
reading of 410  ohms.Be advised this is per band.Of course if both coils are
are bad you will see infinity-once again this per band.
Don't know why the coils in these  relays fail like this,but I orderewd
two(one for an emergecy spare).They cost $3.50 apiece +$3.00 s/h from
T/T>These realys are on the81863 board and the part # in the book is
H500F12-1-C.They are easily replaceable,but why T/T uses such crappy cheap
parts in such a critical application is a mystery to me.Good Luck es 73 de
W4NJF