[TenTec] BPL, Harmful Interference

Richard Detweiler rdetweil at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 8 14:19:50 EDT 2004

Using International Law may be a very good argument and a possible tool for
to convince the FCC.

However,

To depend on 'international law' is a dangerous prospect, The dependency
implies loss of ones sovereignty.

International law is based on customary procedures, not so much actual legal
laws, A country, any country, can withdraw from a treaty or ignore sections
of a treaty at almost any time it begins to be contrary to the population's
interests.  This is done frequently without significant recourse.  The only
reason a country would follow international laws as such is if it were in
both countries mutual interests.

Even though the idea of using international law is intriguing, I for one
would be very careful in using it in anything more than a reminder that the
treaty is there.

The markets may well dicatate the success or failure in the end.

73's
Rich
K5SF